Giving a Talk Thursday

In case any of you can make it.

I shall be giving a talk followed by a knock about discussion .  Title of the talk  ”A Tale of Two Currencies”

Friends Meeting House in central Manchester, 7 – 9pm, Thursday 6th December.

It would be a pleasure to see any of you there.

20 Responses to Giving a Talk Thursday

1. The Dork of Cork. December 3, 2012 at 2:10 am #

Sterling and the Euro ?

Northern Ireland and southern Ireland is a very good control experiment.

Northern Ireland is bad but the south is deflation extraction land.

Its really difficult when you come to realize that your country is a mere conduit which captures monetary flows and releases them.

A sort of banking battery hen.

2. GeoWaveRider December 3, 2012 at 9:57 am #

David

Looking forward to it. I’m missing my usual MTB outing :-).

Brian

3. Michael Fish December 3, 2012 at 1:06 pm #

If you could have the talk videotaped, that would be worth watching.
    Any chance of that ?

4. Joe Taylor December 3, 2012 at 5:42 pm #

I’ll be there so if anyone from this group comes along, ask for me please and say hello

Cheers, Joe

5. Jesse December 3, 2012 at 9:13 pm #

Yes if it could be videotaped and uploaded to Youtube it could reach a much wider audience.

Not that dropping by in Manchester in Thursday in itself would not be a treat.

6. Shahar Kazara December 4, 2012 at 11:11 am #

Please please try to have it videotaped ! Or is there any chance to repeat the talk in London???

• Golem XIV December 4, 2012 at 11:19 am #

Morning Shahar Kazara,

I promise I will ask about taping the talk. As for talking in London, I would be delighted to.

As for coming to do a talk in London, you aren’t the first to ask. It just needs a group to organize a venue, an audience and to cover my travel expenses.

Thanks for asking.

7. Crazy Collie December 4, 2012 at 10:44 pm #

Unfortunately I can’t make it to Manchester but would also be very pleased if you could let us know if and/or when you manage to put the video on you tube.

Many Thanks.
    CC

8. Someone December 5, 2012 at 1:01 pm #

“Landlord acquires shipping containers for housing”

9. GeoWaveRider December 6, 2012 at 10:34 pm #

David et al.

I hope your meeting went well. I’ve just spent 2 hours on the M62 between J23 and J22, which left me with an eta of 9:00pm even if the traffic started to move, which it didn’t look like it was going to do. I took the decision to exit at J22 and go home :-(.

Hopefully I’ll be able to make the next one.

Keep up the good work.

Brian

10. Joe Taylor December 7, 2012 at 11:15 am #

Thanks for the talk last night David. I thought you answered the comments about overworked politicians rather well.

To get your blog out to a wider audience, as we discussed briefly, first go to this website http://www.nationalcan.ning.com

You will be able to browse the website but not add content until you sign up – no rush.

On the front page, over to the left, under members photos, you will see ‘blog posts’.

Click the top one by Gerry Gold (Osborne to up the war on the people) and you’ll see he has written one paragraph and then put a link (read more) to his actual blog.

If you were to do this when you write your Gollum blog, you have, initially, anther 850 potential readers and our members can use their social media to spread the message.

If that seems worth doing, you would have to ‘sign up’ (over to the right) and prove you weren’t a spam crawler then I, or one of the other administrators, would accept your application and away you go.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Joe

11. Phil (Mcr) December 7, 2012 at 10:43 pm #

Yes, thanks a million indeed for last night. Always a pleasure to have you over here. In answer to the queries about a recording – yes, we did indeed video it and we will be uploading it to Youtube as soon as we can sync the sound and the visuals. Owing to time pressure on me, hopefully we will have it posted by the middle of next week,

• Pat Flannery December 9, 2012 at 11:50 am #

Thank you Phil. That’s great. Looking forward to it.

12. Samium Gromoff January 5, 2013 at 12:48 am #

Any news about the video?